Expository essays on what makes a great leader are focused on explaining the difference between an ordinary leader and a great leader. Although these two are both leaders, there is a big difference between the two. There is a debate that great leaders are born, yet, there are those whose argue is great leaders are nurtured. This debate has brought into question what really makes a great leader.
A leader should have the qualities that cause him or her to be regarded as a great leader. Not all leaders are great leaders, and the difference is because of the qualities that such leaders portray. A great leader should not be a dictator. Instead, leaders should always be focused, visionary, possess sharp perception, be responsible, and reasonable. Leaders who are effective take into account their strengths as well as their weaknesses. They evaluate themselves when they ask questions like, “Am I a good leader? What can I accomplish, and what are my limits?” If a leader identifies his or her areas of weakness, he will try to turn his weaknesses into his strengths by working towards improving them.
Some leaders tend to think that they have the ability to accomplish anything within or outside their domain. They are disillusioned into the thinking that leaders are always knowledgeable and nothing can outdo their thinking powers. This is a fallacy in thinking because there is no complete individual who is able to perform all duties. Leaders should be assisted by other people who are professionals in different fields and areas of knowledge. These other persons assist the leaders in compensating for their weaknesses. Leaders should recognize the abilities of those who work with them. Doing so helps them to be regarded as effective leaders.
The perception of a leader is important. It helps in evaluating whether a leader is an effective or not. Leaders should be effective in their communication and should build a good relationship with those who serve under them. Leaders should ensure a good environment where everyone feels they have something of value to contribute. Conflicts should be recognized and addressed appropriately. A leader will be perceived to be a good leader if those who work with him talk positively about his leadership skills and what he is being able to accomplish. Leaders should also be responsible and accountable just like any other person. They should never be above the law. They should keep in accordance with the rules that govern them. They should never go beyond their limits. They should avoid the notion that they are powerful and, therefore, can bend the rules to suit themselves. The leaders’ incentive should be the goals of the organization or group they are leading. Good leaders should have the goal as their central concern and work towards realizing the goal with the interest of the organization or the group they are leading.
Tips on writing an expository essay on this topic:
The purpose of an expository essay is to express a personal opinion on a given topic. The topic should be interesting to your targeted audience. A good way to decide on a topic is to listen to news reports and social media on the hot topics of the day. Find something that interests you and do some preliminary reading on that topic. Do you have an opinion? Develop that opinion into a thesis statement. Then develop some major points to support that opinion. Look for examples or personal experiences to add as details for those support points. As always, make sure to organize your ideas logically and to use transitional devices to help your thoughts flow smoothly. Finally, be sure to edit your essay and to conduct a final proof-reading.
You wonder: Who can write my essay for me? Don’t hesitate to visit the following essay writing service – CustomWritings.com!
5.00 avg. rating (94% score) - 2 votes
Tags: expository essays, leadership essay
Leadership Qualities That You Must Include in What Makes a Great Leader Essay
The definition of good leadership may vary from one country to the next, but there are 11 main things that must appear in each definition of good leadership.
- Unique style of leadership – there are many different styles that a good leader can use therefore good leadership is not restricted to any particular style.
- A leader has to be prepared to lead – Leadership has to be a conscious choice. Each decision must be deliberate and well-thought through. Good leaders hardly ever rely on luck alone.
- You can only be a leader when others are ready to follow you – the title itself says it all; leadership cannot exist without a following.
- People and relationships are more important to a leader than the routine tasks – since you expect people to follow you, it only makes sense to have the same people as your main priority.
- Good leaders set a clear vision – as stated earlier, good leadership is intentional. A leader should be able to paint for his/her followers a clear picture of their destination.
- Communication is essential – you have to communicate constantly and accurately; your followers need to know where they are going and how they will get there.
- After describing the destination, you have to deliver – good leadership produces desirable results.
- Manage your drive and energy – always have some reserve energy for when things go wrong. Being able to manage your energy also means knowing your limits.
- Always trust your gut – some may take this to mean that one must be impulsive. A good leader trusts not only his instincts but also thinks things through.
- Finally, a good leader accepts and learns from his/ her mistakes – it is impossible for any one person to be perfect. Good leadership involves acknowledging and bearing responsibility for mistakes.
In one way or the other, your essay describing good leadership must incorporate these qualities in a manner that answers your thesis. Now that you know some of the most important qualities of a good leader, you must be wondering which structure your essay will take.
A Five-Step Process for Writing Expository What Makes a Great Leader Essay
Because you will be asked to describe a good leader, you might settle on an expository essay structure. Here are five steps you will follow while writing this essay:
In this initial stage, you will brainstorm for an appropriate topic for your essay as well as the main ideas you will discuss. In addition to this, you will research while making notes and later draft an outline which will organize this information in a logical sequence.
Here you will have a few considerations to make. Your introduction should have a clear topic sentence as well as a strong thesis that will drive your body paragraphs. While the thesis should not give a specific opinion, it must have a manageable scope according to your topic.
Each body paragraph must also have one main point as well as supporting evidence. The conclusion must emphasize your thesis and should not contain any new information
At this point you will be able to review your content, making sure there are no errors in wording and grammar while also having in mind that for expository essays, you must always write in third person. This is because you are discussing a phenomenon and not recounting personal experiences.
An expository essay must be clear and concise, but it should also engage the reader in a lively manner. Have someone else read your essay to give it a new perspective.
- Prepare your final version.
Having incorporated all the changes listed, you are now ready to write the final version of your essay.
Writing an expository essay is a necessary skill to have. Feel free to use this simple guide when writing an expository what makes a great leader essay.
Ask a question